State of the State
What Is It:
The State of California is facing many challenges and much change. Hear about it directly from the elected officials and those in the know.
The speakers change from year to year; but, are always elected officials, appointed cabinet executives, political scientists, advocates, or activists focused on the issues of the day in the State of California.
California State Senator Josh Becker (D), Senate District 13
- Senate District 13 consists of all of San Mateo County south of Senate District 11 (San Francisco) and Northern Santa Clara County. This district keeps the San Mateo coastline from Pacifica to the Ano Nuevo State Reserve and peninsula cities from South San Francisco to Sunnyvale together. South San Francisco is the only city split to achieve population equality.
- Cities included: Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Burlingame, East Palo Alto, Forster City, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, Los Altos, Millbrae, Mountain View, Pacifica, Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, Sunnyvale, and South San Francisco.
- Senator Becker's Official Website.
California State Assemblymember Alex Lee (D), Assembly District 25
- District AD 25 consists of the Northeast of Santa Clara County and the South of Alameda County.
- Cities included: Alum Rock, Cupertino, East Foothills, Fremont, Milpitas, Newark, San Jose, Santa Clara, and Sunnyvale.
- Assemblymember Lee's Official Website.
Santa Clara County Assessor Lawrence Stone (nonpartisan)
- Considered one of the most powerful leaders in Silicon Valley, Larry Stone's popularity stems from his get-it-done attitude without taking political sides (nonpartisan).
- He was originally elected in 1994 and has been re-elected six times to the Office of Assessor.
- Santa Clara County has a population of over 1.9 million - greater than that of 13 states.
- Assessor Stone's Official Website.
Invited Speakers (who have scheduled the event on their calendar, but have not yet confirmed):
California State Senator Dave Cortese (D), Senate District 15
SVC CHAMBER MEMBERS
- Early Bird Discount by 08.23.21 - $60.00
- Standard - $75.00
- Corporate Table with Logo (seats 8) - $1,000.00
NON-MEMBERS OF THE SVC CHAMBER
- Early Bird Discount by 08.23.21 - $110.00
- Standard - $125.00
- Elected Government Officials (not on agenda as speaker), pay at the Member rate.
- Contact SVC Chamber Staff directly to hand-process via credit card (408) 244-8244.
- Attire: Business. Semi-Formal.
- Date: September 29th, 2021.
- Time: Starting at 8:30am.
- Where: Hyatt House Cupertino, 10380 Perimeter Road, Cupertino, CA 95014
- When to Register: REGISTRATION NOW OPEN. Early Bird Pricing Ends August 23rd, 2021.